Friday, August 26, 2011

10 Things I love about a Child with Disabilities

1.  Don't have to worry about their hands and knees getting dirty from crawling
2.  Don't have to worry about them putting things in their mouth they aren't suppose to
3.  Don't have to worry about them having temptations
4.  Don't have to worry about Major tantrums
5.  Don't have to worry about them beating up their siblings
6.  Don't have to worry about them drowning in the tub (Otter chair strapped in)
7.  Don't have to worry about them running off in the shopping mall and getting lost
8.  Don't have to worry about them making messes.
9.  Being able to give them hugs and kisses without them resisting.
10.  And above all Don't have to worry about them growing up too fast.

by Jaime Newman

3 comments:

Erin Pagan said...

I may just have to copy and paste this to my blog! Very well said!

mandy said...

Jaime, I LOVE you. You are an amazing person and the very best mom that your cute kids (especially your sweet Madilyn) could ever ask for.

TaylorGal09 said...

Hello There!

I came across your blog while searching for information on a SPIO. I am really glad to have read about your little girl. I too have a little girl, she is 16 months and her name is Madison, we call her Madi too :). She also has hypotonia and we too are waiting for a diagnosis. It has been one crazy year for us and I just wanted to thank you for creating this blog. Reading your posts and watching some of your videos has given me some peace in knowing we are not alone and others are going through the same thing and surviving. I really wish you the best and I hope to read more updates on your Madie. :)- Danyell T.